Door County, Wisconsin

I spent five days in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin in order to teach a workshop at the Peninsula School of Art. The workshop was Monday to Wednesday but I arrived early enough on Sunday to take a good look around and left on Thursday morning. The extra time was nice and it gave me the opportunity to do a little journaling of my own and a tiny bit of sight-seeing too. Bob and I had spent a week last year up there when Jessica was working as Stage Manager for Door Shakespeare in Bailey's Harbor and I had the opportunity to ask about the possibility of teaching at the art school. We arranged everything over the winter and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the workshop (photos to come).

A little taste of Door County:

My journal spread of the Peninsula School of Art - done in the mornings before class started


Glass and Metal Kinetic Sculptures outside the Hide-Side Corner Store in Fish Creek

Sketching the little boats in the harbor in Fish Creek

Quick sketch along the main street in Fish Creek
Ducks in the harbor waiting for handouts from tourists

Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Peninsula State Park

Anderson's Dock sign, Ephraim, Wisconsin on Green Bay

The Hardy Gallery had a very nice art exhibit - it's a tradition to write your name on the barn


Harbor, Ephraim, Wisconsin

A. Anderson Store, built 1858 - the hollyhocks were so pretty!

A great little country store/museum

The Anderson House

View of Green Bay with Anderson store and dock in foreground

Gorgeous light as the sun was going down, on my way to Door Shakespeare Wednesday evening

Most mornings I had breakfast at Julie's Park Cafe - oatmeal with dried cherries and brown sugar, but my last morning in  Door County, I ate at the Summertime Restaurant - these delightfully thin pancakes with fresh strawberries were to die for!

I enjoyed the flower gardens (above and below) as I ate outside the Summertime Restaurant 


Trollies at the Orchard County Winery - a quick stop on my way back to Milwaukee
Cherry tree and trollies
Fish Creek beach (sign below) 

TR Pottery sign - made on the premises

Fish Creek Market

Historic Noble House, Fish Creek (above and below)


Pretty bird houses and garden in downtown Fish Creek

Summertime Restaurant, Fish Creek 
One of the beautiful old homes in Fish Creek

Fish Creek County Marina

My journal spread - images I observed and captured in Fish Creek

Comments

Popular Posts