Return to Barcelona 2017! Around the City.





I loved having time to simply wander around the city. With a month in Barcelona this time (3 weeks last year) I was able to revisit my favorites and see the ones I missed last time. Returning to the same apartment I had last year in the Eixample neighborhood, also gave me the feeling of coming home. My surroundings were familiar and I knew my way around. Friends remembered me and welcomed me back. It was magical and I treasured every minute. 

There had been a terrorist attack on the Ramblas just weeks before my arrival and the only difference I found was a more pronounced police presence. Tourists still wandered the pedestrian-only street, sat in outdoor cafes and generally acted as if nothing had happened. I joined in, determined not to let fear rule my life. I've decided to live my life, go where I want to go and to hell with the terrorists. And I very much wanted to go to Barcelona and show my support for this wonderful city and its people. 


The Rambla - alive and well.

The Giants (used in processions and festivals - larger than life size)

One of my favorites - The Casas Antoni Rocamora

My sketch of the above

Buildings found on the Rambla



A vote for Independence from Spain took place while I was there and there were many rallies

Pastry Shops a plenty!

The architecture of Barcelona

About the processions and the "Gegants" - the Giants


Comments

Popular Posts