Return to Barcelona 2017! Figueres and Girona Bus Tour



I took another bus tour to Figueres, to the Dali Museum and to the charming town of Girona. I have to admit I've never been a huge fan of the work of Salvador Dali, but being so close to it, I felt it warranted a visit. It was just as crazy as I expected and the tour was fun for the most part (except for the baby who cried nearly the entire ride back to Barcelona) I found the town of Figueres charming and enjoyed a sangria and some tapas at a cafe near the museum and a conversation about love and loss with the waiter after my self-guided tour through Dali's craziness. 

The bus also stopped in the breathtaking town of Girona where I totally lost my heart! The view across the bridge is so enchanting I couldn't get enough of it! Here's a link to a blog with 9 reasons to visit Girona and I have to agree, it is well worth your time! Click here for the link. 

My photo essay follows:

The Dali Museum Exterior

Exterior courtyard, Dali Museum

Interior courtyard



I must admit this was one of my favorites! No explanation!!

The Dali Ceiling is extraordinary

The car that rains inside. Seriously.

From a certain distance you see Abraham Lincoln clear as a bell.

Backdrop/mural


Girona

One of Girona's bridges over the Onyar River

Placa Independencia where I had lunch

Brdige in Girona built by Eiffel of Paris fame

Several locations in Girona were used in Game of Thrones

Stones from Roman times

Another view of Girona

Comments

Popular Posts