Urban Sketching Barcelona. Day 17 (1 of 2): Fundacio Joan Miró

At the Joan Miró Museum, Montjuic from my sketchbook

October 21, 2016

Since I wasn't going to meet Andrea and Vincent and the boys until the afternoon I decided I would take a bus to visit the Joan Miró Museum. I boarded the right bus only to find it was going in the wrong direction! Fortunately I figured it out pretty quickly and was able to get off, go across the street and take the correct one! I have a terrible sense of direction but finally arrived and had enough time to explore the museum inside and out before my friends arrived. 

I have long been a fan of Joan Miró's work - his fanciful designs and bright colors exude a sense of joy and playfulness that I enjoy very much. The Foundation was set up by Miró himself with works from his own private collection "...as an internationally recognised centre in Barcelona for Miró scholarship and contemporary art research, and to disseminate the collection." The building was designed by Josep Lluís Sert and opened to the public in 1975. Click here for the website.

These are just a few of the works of Art on display. It's a very comprehensive collection of his work, covering all stages of his life and career. 


Paintings: 2 of 3 "Hope of a Condemned Man" 

Paintings: "Fireworks" (left) 

View from the Terrace  
Fibers wall hanging 

Looking through to the courtyard outside 

Looking down to the Sculpture room 

On the roof 

Me and Miró 

Bronze sculpture: "Personage" stands at the entrance 

Front Entrance

Comments

Popular Posts