Canvas & Corks at Rehoboth Art League

My Sunflower Painting

I was very excited - and a little nervous - to teach this workshop at Rehoboth Art League. As you may know if you've been following my antics, I've been painting in acrylics lately. Partly because I wanted to try it and partly because I had been invited to teach this workshop and the medium was to be Acrylic.

Employing some of the techniques I use when I paint in watercolor and some techniques that may be more akin to working in oils (thicker consistency, being able to add lighter color over darkers, etc), using my Sunflower Painting (left) as the starting point for their own works.

I walked the class through creating their own sunflower painting and was thrilled and amazed at how much fun everyone had and how different all their sunflowers were - and how much I had doing it! The photos below I believe are self-explanatory so I have not added any captions.

If you are interested in attending one of these monthly (3rd Thursday of the month) workshops, go to http://www.rehobothartleague.org for info or call RAL at 302-227-8408 and speak to Kim.


Canvas & Corks, March 15, 2012, 7-9pm:
















Happy Students!

Comments

Popular Posts