Sketchbook Skool and my continued Artistic Journey

I've been taking these online "klasses" (and no, that's not a type-o) with some of my heroes of
Watercolor Journaling (a.k.a. Art Journaling, Sketching, Artist Journals, Illustrated Journals etc) like Danny Gregory, Brenda  Swanson, Koosje Koene, Tommy Kane, Cathy Johnson and more. I started with Semester 1 and had such a good time, trying out different techniques and materials and working to stretch myself outside my comfort zone. I thought I would share some of the works that came out of this experience and briefly tell you what I was trying to do. I hope you find this interesting! I love learning and learning new ways to create art is always exciting. So here is an "Art Photo Essay" with a few of the works I have completed so far in Semester 2. Each semester consists of 6 weeks of instruction with a different instructor each week. If you are interested in checking this out, go to http://sketchbookskool.com/.

A very different approach for me - Fast - lay in the watercolor shape first and then - Slow - add your  ink drawing.

"Selfies" - Self Portraits done looking in the mirror, looking at a photograph and from your imagination. Challenging!

Trying that Fast/Snow thing again with india ink that was water soluable

This semester is all about "Seeing" so we were to "Look at Toast" and sketch all the nooks and crannies. 




Comments

Popular Posts