Went to see the Fine Craft Exhibit at Rehoboth Art League and the Plein Air work on exhibit as well. The Crafts are wonderful - Mispillion Art League's own Bea Whitehouse took an "excellence" award for one of her gorgeous baskets. There is work I had not seen before and I definitely recommend you go see it.

My work "Fisher Martin House, Lewes" received an Honorable Mention.
The Plein Air Coastal Delaware exhibit was a little disappointing - it's in the Homestead, which is great, but apparently, there's not enough wall space for all the work and they are set about on the floor, on tables, with no title cards (except for those that made it to the walls, or on the back of the work.) Artists were able to take their work home after the exhibit at the Children's Beach House, and many did - especially I assume those who had come from out of state. And, of course, many sold, which is also great (one of mine included). But I have to say that I was disappointed by the way the work was presented.

Comments

Popular Posts