California trip - Watercolor Journaling in Yosemite

Bob and I got back early Wednesday morning from a two-week trip to California. The main reason we went there was to celebrate the wedding of my cousins' son and his lovely bride. We decided since we were going to be in California anyway, we would take the opportunity to visit Yosemite National Park. We spent about 5 days there where we hiked the "easy" trails, saw all the major sites, got drenched in the waterfalls, Bob took lots of beautiful photographs and I made paintings in my watercolor journal. We want to share some of the experiences and images with you as soon as we get a chance to download everything and have the time to do it.

My sister and her daughters are arriving on Wednesday for a two-week visit with us, so time will be limited. But I can't wait to see them and spend this time with them. So we'll post photos soon. For now here are a few of the watercolor paintings I did in my art journal - a gorgeous leather bound journal with hand made paper I received last year for my birthday that has been just waiting for the perfect opportunity to paint in it! Interpreting Yosemite in watercolor was a challenge and a delight!

View on the road to Glacier Point, Yosemite


Yosemite Falls


Valley View, Yosemite


Yellow flowers, Hetch Hetchy Valley


White flowers, Hetch Hetchy Valley


Hetch Hetchy Reservoir


View of Half Dome, Yosemite

Comments

Popular Posts