Watercolor Journaling Session at Minorbird

Photos to come on yesterday's Session at Minorbird. What a delightful way to spend a Sunday morning! My once-a-month-on-a-Sunday Watercolor Journaling Sessions continue to be a hit. In fact when I started I thought I would limit the number of attendees to six. Yesterday's had 9 and April 10's is around 12. My absolute maximum! We started with a lesson on design elements, practicing with line and shape, drawing the adorable cupcake boxes on display, using PITT pens (no pencils here - so no erasing, second-guessing themselves!) trying to encourage them to loosen up and sketch, like "gesture drawing." Then using their watercolors, making washes of color. What fun to see all the sketch books filled with pink and blue cupcakes! Leigh Minor Nagy (owner of Minorbird) took many photos, and as soon as I get them, I'll post them here. After the lesson, they found all sorts of wonderful things to focus their attention on and a thoughtful, quiet, focused morning was had by all.

That's Leigh, center at the Grand Opening of Minorbird last week!

Comments

Popular Posts