Plein Air Painting Workshop

Yesterday was Day 1 of Rehoboth Art League's two-day workshop with my favorite living oil painter, Denise Dumont. Denise used to have a workshop above the blacksmith's shop in Lewes, Delaware and I met her through the Rehoboth Art League. She now lives and works in Baltimore, Maryland. She is not only an incredible oil painter, she is a warm, kind and generous person and a terrific teacher, encouraging all of us to paint, paint, paint and giving constructive criticism along the way.

I had a great time yesterday and look forward to more today. I wish it was longer, but with my 4-week class with Bill Patterson at Mispillion Art League and this, I think I can stumble along on my own with this new medium (for me). It's so much fun!!

Me - covered in paint but happy as a clam!


Denise demonstrates how she gets started


The class out painting on Surf Avenue, Rehoboth Beach

Comments

Popular Posts