Potato, Onion & Pepper Frittata

Since I'm housebound with two feet of snow outside I decided to make us a nice frittata for lunch, using what I had in the fridge. It turned out so yummy I just had to share it with you!



Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 potato, thinly sliced (as if for home fries)
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4th of a green pepper (or more to taste)
salt, pepper, basil, oregano
5 eggs scrambled with 1 Tbls water
generous sprinkling of finely grated parmesan cheese

Instructions
Turn on Broiler to HI
Heat oil in a no-stick pan that can go in the oven
Add onions, garlic and peppers till onions soften - don't let garlic burn
Add potatoes and cook, turning often until potatoes are tender and everything looks nicely browned
Add eggs to cover everything
Use spatula to lift egg mixture so it runs under
When eggs are almost set, sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese

Put pan in the broiler till the top is nicely browned - just a few minutes - so watch carefully.

Slide it onto a warmed plate. It serves 4 and can be reheated the next day.
Serve with fresh fruit, crispy bread, juice.

Yummm. Let me know if you try it and how it went!
This is a version of my mother's potato and egg omelet she used to make when we were kids. My mother would add everything but the kitchen sink to make omelets that we turned our noses up at. Now I experiment too with my frittatas. Any suggestions?

Hope you like it!
Rosemary

Comments

Popular Posts