Happy New Year 2019!

A page from my Cuba concertina sketchbook.









Today is the first day of the new year 2019. It's raining and windy outside and I am up early thinking about the year that has just passed. In the blink of an eye it seems. A year full of art, travel, family visits and good things. A year that included trips to Cuba, Miami Beach, Colorado, Milwaukee, Portugal and New York City. It also included a trip to the ER in Lisbon due to a fall and a dislocated elbow that sent me home to rest and recuperate and to cancel my plans to visit Porto for the Urban Sketchers Symposium, France, Germany and Switzerland. I did have some great sketching opportunities as soon as I was able with Urban Sketchers Delaware sketched every day in October during "Inktober." I thought I would use this post to simply highlight, in images, the year that has just passed without going into too much detail. A visual journal of 2018. It also seemed time to put a new face on my blog and I'm trying out this new theme. Let me know what you think! And so without further ado, I present"

2018 in Review!

January Snow at Hearthstone Manor


My Swiss friends Helen and Mirjam came to visit and we went to DC, Philly and Delaware


My friend Morgan and I sketched together at the Orchid Extravaganza at Longwood Gardens


My orchid sketch

Urban Sketchers Delaware's January Sketch Crawl at Parson Thorne Mansion in Milford. 24 sketchers came!



Cuba trip with Jane LaFazio provided lots of opportunities for sketching!


Our Cuba trip included a taxi tour around Havana in Classic Cars!


Cuba was fascinating!


After Cuba, I visited Miami Beach to sketch and enjoy the beach!


South Beach historic hotels


I taught workshops. This one was at Mispillion Art League


Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado


I took several day trips around Colorado on a visit to my sister


My niece Madison graduated from college in Greeley, Colorado!


I attended Chicago Urban Sketchers' Sketching Symposium in June


One of the workshops in Chicago with Paul Ingold


Chicago sketch during the symposium


Tour of Chicago by boat


Visited my daughter in Milwaukee and toured around Wisconsin


Lisbon, Portugal


A spread from my Lisbon journal


Urban Sketchers Delaware at Pizzadilli Winery


One of my sketches for "Inktober" 2018 from a photo of Yosemite Falls


Attended Mispillion Art League's Event "Starry Night" where artists were doing demonstrations of their work


Longwood Gardens Chrysanthemum Festival


Decorating Gingerbread houses and cookies with my granddaughters


Urban Sketchers Delaware at Jayne's Reliable in Sussex County


One of my sketches at Jayne's Reliable


Jayne's Reliable


My friend Morgan brought me a bunch and I had to sketch it!


Urban Sketchers Delaware December sketch crawl in New Castle County


Urban Sketchers Delaware December sketch crawl.


I've been making concertina sketchbooks this year and enjoying the process, as well as using them


Santa arrives with the Holiday Stroll in downtown Milford to usher in the Holiday season




Comments

Popular Posts