Shenandoah National Park, Skyline Drive and White Lotus Eco Spa Retreat

I just returned on Sunday from my most recent trip, to Shenandoah National Park and Shenandoah Valley area where I spent a few days at a lovely placed called the White Lotus Eco Spa Retreat, nestled in the woods near the town of Stanardsville, Virginia. A secluded location it was a perfect place to rest, relax and sketch, all of which I did to my hearts delight. I sandwiched this trip between weekends in Richmond with my son and his family and that's always a treat. I completely filled an entire journal with my sketches and I'll post some of my favorite pages here. We had some sdramatic lightning and thunder and rain some of the days but Wednesday was bright and sunny and I took the Skyline Drive through the Park enjoying the views and the Queen Anne's Lace growing abundantly along the roadsides.

Click on the images to view full size.




























Comments

Popular Posts