Orchid Extravaganza at Longwood Gardens




Yesterday I had the opportunity to make a quick visit to Longwood Gardens. I was teaching two back to back Watercolor Journaling Sampler Workshops for Boscov's Campus of Classes at Christiana Town Center and allowed myself some extra time to take a peak at the orchids at Longwood. Stepping into the conservatory from the cold air outside, the warm, deeply scented air inside the Conservatory nearly took my breath away as I was greeted with the lush interior gardens filled with orchids and other blooming flowers. I had hoped to sketch but just couldn't make up my mind where to start, so I contented myself with wandering and looking and snapping these photos with my phone.

Longwood Gardens is located at 1000 Longwood Road, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, just across the state line from Delaware. Winterthur and the Brandywine Valley museums are all in this general area, worth a visit any time of year.

As I believe that one picture is worth a thousand words, I'll post the photos I took and hope you are within driving distance and can visit Longwood to see Orchid Extravaganza for yourselves! This exhibit will be up until March 29 when something else wonderful will take its place.


















Comments

Popular Posts