Watercolor Journaling Workshop in Los Gatos, California



We traveled to San Francisco and Los Gatos, California recently to teach a workshop there and visit with my family who live in the Santa Cruz Mountains. My cousins own and operate The Los Gatos Company in the heart of downtown Los Gatos, a charming town just south of San Francisco halfway between Santa Cruz and San Jose. I was delighted with the response and even more delighted to have one of my old friends from Phoenix, now living in the area, attend the workshop, as well as one of my e-newsletter subscribers who found us through italiannotebook.com! I even had a few accomplished artists (albeit not in watercolors) attend and based on their responses, everyone seemed to enjoy the workshop and asked when I would do it again!

The weather was unseasonably warm for our two-day workshop but there are plenty of shady spots on their lovely property that includes a wisteria covered pergola, swimming pool and lots of huge old trees. Here are some photos from the workshop.

If you are reading this and would like to have me come do a workshop for you and your friends, please contact me and we'll try to work something out. I love to travel and meet new people and if I can do that while teaching a class -- how great is that!

Thanks to those who attended and to Marnie & Andy for hosting! It was great being with all of you!

Group Journals
Journaling and relaxing around the pool

Sharing
Writing down observations



Lessons under the Arbor

Asking questions
Fosusing on observations

Sharing around the pool


Jon & Nikki listening to me talk


Journaling by the guest house
Watercolor Journaling

Painting with watercolor

Working in the shade

Final sharing

Lesson around the pool


Drawing Exercises

Marnie's Plum Tart

Marnie and Andy's Mountain Home

Working with colors

Under the Arbor (table in foreground holds my supplies)



This photo and the next few show how different each person's drawings of the same subject can be. The watering can on the table served as "still life" for one of our exercises. Each person drew it from a different perspective - each drawing is as unique as the artist who carefully observed and captured it on paper.





Comments

Popular Posts