Painting a Day continues



These are two of my "Paintings a Day" completed this year. "orange" and "pear" - 8" x 8", acrylic on paper, mounted to board.

I wanted to show you the finished piece - the way I intend to "frame" many of my "Painting a Day" works. I have finished off these two acrylics with a gloss varnish, painted the sides of a birch wood "cradle board" and mounted the paintings onto the board. It hangs pretty flush to the wall and makes a very nice presentation. No other framing is needed. 

These two (Pear and Orange) are currently in the exhibit (and for sale): "Here's to Howard Pyle" Exhibition at Mispillion Art League: "Think the themes of Pyle's work, his warm colors, and moody scenes...something special that speaks of your own creativity merged with the wonderful style of Howard Pyle." Opening Reception Friday September 7, from 5-7pm, 5 N. Walnut Street, Milford. Show runs through September 29. 




Haven't shown you these newest "Paintings a Day" - I had fun with these mixed media paintings, using a grease pencil, watercolor, acrylic and alphabet stamps, playing with color and texture, wanting the "still life" to jump off the page! I think the titles are self-explanatory. 

As with all my work, these are available for purchase on our website. 




Comments

Popular Posts