A Painting a Day - Day 40 - from Yesterday


This was yesterday's painting. Sorry I didn't get to post it. This week has been incredibly busy and sooo productive! We're entering work in shows - Mispillion and Delaware Watercolor Society, (well that would just be me), and we were asked to hang our work at the Yankee Clipper Hair Salon where I get my hair cut, so today we brought a bunch of art there to hang on the walls.

Then home to help my friend Dan with his booth materials for this Saturday. Dan is a member of Downtown Milford, Inc. and this weekend is the Bug and Bud Festival - a big family event in our town. He's our former Mayor and a good friend of ours. He's going to have a food booth, Italian meatball and chicken parm heroes that he's preparing and he asked me to create a banner and menus for the booth and I had to tweak some of the wording on the menus. I think it's going to be great. I've also volunteered to help him on the day of the Festival. Should be a lot of fun! Rhonda, who owns the Ladybug shop asked me to judge the costumes for the Ladybug parade - all little kids and they're all so adorable it's really hard to pick the best!!! I did it last year too and it was a lot of fun.

Then tonight we framed the last of the 3 pieces I'm going to enter for the Mispillion Art League "Awakenings" exhibit. It's MAL's first juried and judged show. We've had judged shows before but this is the first that you need to be juried in. So I'm keeping fingers crossed that my work is deemed acceptable! One of them is a Sunflower painting that I started last summer. I wanted to call the painting "I bought these sunflowers at the farmers market and then ran to my studio to paint them." But since that seemed a very long title, I decided to write that in pencil on the mat. I think I'm might call it "Pure Joy" since that is how I felt when I painted it.

Anyway, trying to get a lot of stuff done this week because next week I'll be in Rehoboth Beach, teaching a Watercolor Journaling workshop at the Rehoboth Art League and staying at the Homestead - the historic home on the property and I'm really reallllly excited about both of these things! This will be the first time I've taught at RAL and the idea of being able to "live" there for a few days is just too delightful! It will be like a little mini vacation for me. No TV, No computer, nothing to do after teaching but enjoy the grounds, journal, walk on the beach, read, relax.

Life is good. Seriously.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep on working, great job!

Popular Posts