Watercolor Journaling Workshop - November 2010

I had a wonderful time this weekend teaching another of my increasingly popular (I'm happy to say!) watercolor journaling workshops for the Mispillion Art League. We met yesterday morning, had a little lesson and went out on the Riverwalk where they sketched and painted happily along the Mispillion River. Today I gave them the task of capturing the flavor of downtown Milford by focusing not only on the architecture of the downtown but the things in the shop windows. We discussed the design of the page and ways to make an interesting "spread" - across two pages and they really enjoyed the day. We broke for lunch, conversation was lively, sharing what each had done, reading what they had written and off we went again for another hour or so of focusing on their journals. I spend my time walking from the one to the other, offering hints and suggestions and answering their questions. It's the most amazing thing. I have discovered that, imagine that -- I know a few things about this thing called "art" -- and it's a very good feeling!

Bob just happened to stop by while out photographing the downtown for a project he is working on and took these photos!

My students where everyone - sitting on curbs, sidewalks, benches and generally were engrossed in their journals!


Happy Me. Teaching has been so much fun and incredibly rewarding


Getting Ready to work

Comments

Ann Morton said…
This sounds like such a great workshop idea, Rosemary! No wonder it is gaining popularity. This is really exciting and looks so enjoyable.
Rosemary said…
Thanks Ann. The people who have taken it all seem to love it. As I said, it's been extremely rewarding for me to share something I love and get such wonderful feedback.
I love the picture of you walking. It is very you. you look really happy
Rosemary said…
Thanks for the comment Jess! Can't wait to see you. I like you profile picture too. Happy times.

Popular Posts