A Painting a Day - Day 37 - Fan Palm #3

Day 37 - Fan Palm #3, in Acrylic Paint
This is the 3rd Fan Palm painting I've done so far. I'm thinking I may do yet another today. I painted this one using only yellow, red and blue acrylic paint, as I've done before.

I started with an under painting of red for the palm fronds thinking it might give more dimension to the painting, hoping the red would still be there, barely visible. I like this almost abstract painting and found it really interesting that the shape of the palm tree changed with each variation, getting further away from my sketch.

I then started building up layers of color and using white to lighten the colors - not something I can do with watercolor. I also like the way the palm fronds resemble the skirt of a ballerina!

Comments

Popular Posts