A Painting a Day - Day 12

Here's today's offering. Based on a watercolor I did in Italy, and just taking a small portion of the painting to focus on. This is very rough and very loose - no pen and ink drawing underneath, just loose pencil and then layers of color. I wanted to keep it simple with interesting angles and directions.  Going to Happy Hour in our neighborhood clubhouse tonight and only have a few minutes to wrap up my posting, so I'm going to make it brief. But I wanted add to my discussion of some of the elements of Color Theory.
Just a few terms:
Analagous Colors: The colors that sit next to each other on the Color Wheel and are harmonious, like Orange, Red Orange, and Red or Blue, Blue Green, and Green.

Hue: The colors as they appear on the Color Wheel: Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Purple, etc. For example, you might observe that the ball has a red hue

Complementary Colors:  The colors that sit opposite each other on the color wheel. (Yellow/Purple; Red/Green, Blue/Orange)
That's it for today. Have a great weekend!
--R.

Comments

Popular Posts