Urban Sketching Barcelona. Day 12 and 13: Sick in Barcelona

Sketching in my Apartment


October 16 and 17, 2016

Woke up not feeling well, hoping for allergies but pretty sure I had a cold and feeling tired from being on the go since I got here, I decided I needed a day of rest. I slept on and off all day Sunday, the 16th, feeling worse as the day wore on and had a rough night of sleep. In the morning of the 17th I picked up my sick self and walked down the block to the local pharmacy. The woman behind the counter spoke no English, but it's really easy to pantomime the symptoms of a cold so she knew what I needed! I love the way they package things here, as they did in Italy - they take the little box and wrap it in a thin sheet of paper, twisting the ends. It's so sweet - like a little gift.

Anyway, the gift was that this stuff really worked! The box consisted of a number of packets with a powder you dissolve in a glass of water and drink several times a day. It's called  Frenadol Complex and let me tell you, it knocked that cold right out! By the next day I was already feeling better and that afternoon I sketched inside the apartment, the page you see above. On the left is a shelf in a cabinet in the living room, and on the right, plants in the kitchen window.

My "German daughter" Andrea, her French husband Vincent and their two little boys were due to arrive on the 19th, so I needed to feel better by then and was confident I would! Resting all day Sunday and Monday and taking my meds, I felt much better by Tuesday and by noon I was ready to go out and explore again!

click on the image above if it looks cut off, to see all of it

Comments

Popular Posts