#1 - Florida Trip

I started my Florida Adventure by driving to Lorton, Virginia and putting my car on the Auto Train. After researching the best ways to travel to Florida, I determined that taking the auto train would be my best option. It cost about as much as flying and renting a car and this way I would have my own car once I got there. I drive a Prius so the savings on gas alone would be helpful, plus I could carry as much as I wanted to without worrying about how many bags - and art supplies I was bringing with me!

A journal page from my visit to Atlantic Beach with Marla in Jacksonville

The Auto Train took about 17 hours to get to the destination of Sanford, FL, in the Orlando area.
First stop was Jacksonville, and a visit to see my friend Marla

Marla at the beautiful Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens.


Beaches and Beverages! What fun!

Eat at Joes! We did!

Couldn't resist taking my photo at Rosemary Beach!

Shopping and sightseeing too

Jacksonville skyline

I fell in love with the trees in Jacksonville with the hanging moss (or whatever you call it!)


Comments

Popular Posts