Welcome to Golden, Colorado



While I was in Colorado recently for my niece's high school graduation I had the opportunity to spend a day on my own tooling around in my sister's car. I dropped her off early at her "Park-n-Ride" stop where she boards the bus that takes her into Denver to work, about a 20 minute ride.

Since it was early, I decided to drive to Golden, not far away and have breakfast there. The first thing that you see on approach to the city is the massive Coor's Brewery/Factory. Coor's is big in Colorado and really big in Golden. The town is surrounded by mountains - I would say actually that Golden is nestled in the mountains as they are up close and personal from every view. I enjoyed a cup of coffee and some bread thing or pastry (can't really remember - guess it wasn't all that memorable) and then walked around the town till the shops began to open, then browsed around for a while and snapped a few photos, drove a short distance to see the 12th Street Historic district homes and headed back to Arvada. Here's a few of the places and things I saw that day:















Comments

Popular Posts