Paintings a Day - at Open Art "Critique" at MAL

photograph by Leah Kinder
One of our Crits - Sonja Frey (left) and Earl Abbott



















































Pretty fun to see them all spread out like this - and this is only about half of the "painting a day" paintings I've done since January. My goal has been to create one new painting 8" x 8" for every day I am in the studio. I have had a lot of fun and you can see all of them on this blog look through the last two months worth of posts. I'd love to have your comments - which ones do you like and which not. I've been using acrylics, gouache and watercolor. Some have been painted from still lifes and some from my imagination!

Mispillion Art League and the Studios Upstairs offer a monthly FREE Critique Session with Earl Abbott. It's always helpful to get feedback and advice from other artists and interesting to see what everyone is working on. These are not Crits that make you want to throw out all your paints - it's supportive and encouraging and well worth your time. Even if you just come and sit in, to see what it's all about, come next month - the first Wednesday of the month. Location alternates between MAL and the Studios Upstairs.

If you want to paint a sunflower with me, I'll be the March instructor for Rehoboth Art League's "Canvas and Corks" Thursday, March 15, from 7 to 9pm. $40 Bring your own "adult beverage" (wine, beer, schnapps, soda) snacks and friends. RAL supplies all the materials and you'll go home with a painting!

Contact RAL to register - check out their website with all the information: http://www.rehobothartleague.org

Comments

Popular Posts