A Painting a Day - Day 19 - Green Apple

Day 19 - Green Apple on red, Acrylic on paper
Having a great time with these daily paintings. It's been so helpful, especially since the first of the year when I had no idea what I wanted to do. Last year I was so immersed in the big paintings I created for the show in Decatur and the goal of having them all complete and ready to go, and once that was over, the holidays were upon us and not much painting was done during that time.

So coming into the new year I did not feel motivated by any one direction. Once I made the commitment though, to make one small painting for each day I am in the studio, I now feel very motivated to see where this is all leading. Much like the rest of my life in recent years, I'm putting one foot in front of the other and following along. I'm really enjoying seeing what I can do with these acrylic paints and I'm loving the rich dark colors I've been able to achieve with only the 3 tubes of paint (and a bit of white gouache for the highlights). Maybe I'll paint my orange tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts