A Painting a Day: Day 4 - Wilkins Road Farm

I feel so bad to say this - and it's the absolute truth, I swear! I cannot show you my Painting #4 because I left my painting in my studio! I promise to post it this weekend though. So all I can do is describe what I did. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. I am still in love with that scene and trying out different colors and seasons and today I decided to create a snowy day. (it is the 50th anniversary of Ezra Jack Keats "The Snowy Day" that I managed to score on ebay for $.99!) Wintery sky, snow on the roofs and on the barns, all blues, whites and purples with the brick red barns standing out. I used Ultramarine blue for the sky and tissue blotting for the streaky and puffy snow clouds in the sky and after I roughed in the winter trees I decided to use white gouache to enhance the snowy feeling in the trees and even did some splatter painting. I did very little in the foreground, just some smudgy bluey-pinky marks in the snow. Can you picture it? Tomorrow I'll post it and you can see if the reality matches your imagination!

Thanks!

Comments

Popular Posts