New Watercolors

I have been hard at work in my Studio these days. In case you were wondering, I keep regular hours - Wednesday and Thursday 10am to 5pm, Friday till 6 and Saturday till 4. These are the same hours as the Mispillion Art League and many of the shops in the downtown. Some are also open on Tuesdays but most everything is closed on Sunday and Monday. So then I consider Sunday, Monday and Tuesday my "days off" and I don't feel guilty not to be painting.

I absolutely love working in the studio and also just being in the downtown. We only live five minutes away, but it's not like I can look out my window and see the main street or the Riverwalk at home like I can from my north-facing studio window! I like working surrounded by other artists and it's a really great group of people.

I'd like to share some of the watercolors I've been working on. Two are finished and one is still in progress and needs some work. I'd love to hear your comments!

Flower Festival, Spello 15" x 11" (a quarter sheet of Arches cold press 300lb)


Pink Geraniums 22" x 15" (a half sheet of Arches cold press 300lb paper)


This one I am still working on but I thought I'd share it at this stage and then show it to you when it's all done: Figs! 30" x 22" (a full sheet of Arches cold press 300lb)


I'm also just about finished with another large painting of one of the Cinque Terra towns. I'm very excited about this one and I tried to photograph it but it didn't turn out well so I'll have to have Bob do it for me so I can share it with you.

That's it for now. Couldn't sleep (it's 2am!) so here I am posting to the blog! Maybe getting a little sleepy too.
Buona notte.

Comments

Popular Posts