Happy Mother's Day to my two Moms

My mother and her sister married brothers and we all lived together in a big two story house. So, while I was growing up I felt like I had two Moms. Lucky me. Sort of like "Good Cop-Bad Cop" - they balanced each other out! Seriously, my mom - all 5'1" of her was tough and Aunt Celeste a softie (to me, anyway) - but I knew they both loved me and that was was what counted.
Here they are in their youth - so beautiful and full of hope for the future!

Happy Mother's Day Moms!

Aunt Celeste (L) Mom (R)


I just wish I had appreciated my Mom more when I was younger raising my own kids. I thought I was so smart with all my modern ideas. It was only much later I realized how much she knew. I guess that's as old as motherhood itself, but it's one of my greatest regrets.

Comments

Popular Posts