Asking for help to Cure Type 1 Diabetes

Dear Friends & Family,

In about two weeks I am going to Denver to join my sister and her two daughters in the Walk to Cure Diabetes on September 14, 2008. A few weeks ago I posted a request for donations to help find a cure for this disease that affects the lives of so many children and their families. I told you about my 12-year old niece Madison who was diagnosed with Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes when she was only 18 months old who must prick her finger several times a day and endure painful insulin shots to regulate her blood sugar levels. Devastating life-limiting and life-shortening complications such as blindness, amputation, heart disease and stroke, and kidney failure are an ever-present threat. Insulin is not a cure for the disease, it is merely life support.

My sister and I received a heartwarming response from many of you and want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your generosity. If you have not had a chance yet, I am asking again for you to make a donation. Please give to JDRF as generously as possible! Together, we can make the cure a reality!

I now have my own donation page, here's the link: www.jdrf.org, you will be able to select my name: Rosemary Connelly.

Thank you so much!
Rosemary

p.s. I will post photos of the Walk here on our blog when I return home at the end of September

Comments

Popular Posts